Skip to main content

My Manoharan Valiachan

Sometimes I feel Its good I wasn't there for his funeral.Its really tuff to look at an otherwise active mind and body , all stiff and lifeless. Am glad I didn't get to see him like that. Now all I feel is that he is still amidst us.

My manuvallliachan is a strong man. He is a workaholic. And being in the government service he never ever takes advantage of his position and didn't like others making use of his name too. He doesn't utilise the previleges offered to the positions he holds and being so principled earned him great respect and love from seniors juniors and counterparts.

He loves to read. He loves action movies. He enjoys conversations and knows to make them enjoyable as well.

To his children he is a strict and conservative father and always is blamed for being so. But today the children reap the the respect this wonderful father sowed. All the three of them are good human beings and are so because my valliachan is the father he is. What matters most in life is to succeed to be good humans....wealth, fame and education are all secondary.To his brothers and relatives he is a short tempered yet loving guide.   
My personal moments with him have always been brief and sweet. He asks me if am okay and smiles. I respect him. I wanted to get all my valliachans and valliammas blessings on my next trip to tvm...but alas my next trip did materilise but for a very sad reason........

The only long conversation I had with my valliachan was when my wedding was to be finalised with M much against my wishes. I wanted to study and work but my acha wanted me to get married to M. I hated it. My valiachan called me in person and asked me why I didn't want to get married and heard me through. I wept my heart out and he got convinced and respected my thoughts. He came out and told my Acha not to force me. But I finally got married to M which is another story altogether. He treated me like a mature human being. Nobody has and still doesn't. I know he still does.

My last conversation with him was in december when Acha had a little operation and Amma was in bed after a fall.
Me: Hello
Valliachan: Hello Unni onndha?( Is Unni there?)
Me: Arannu? ( who is this)
Valliachan: Molle ye valliachaney maranno?( have you forgotten this valiachan)
Me: Ayyyoooo valiacha adhela...voice manasilayilea..acha poojaroomilanu vilikanpareyete valiacha? ( Oh no didn't get the voice ...acha is doing pooja shall i ask him to call)
Valiachan: Ohhh sheri (ok)
Me: Valliachanu sugam thane? (Are you fine?)
Valiachan: ahhh...yenganeyo ponnu...mokku sugamthane ( hmmm jus movin on...how are you)
Me: evidhay achanum ammeykum sugamilelo valiacha adhukondhu ottamthanee ( here anmma and acha are sick so running about)
Valiachan: Adhu venam molle ...avare nokanam ( that is what is needed ...you have to look after them)
Me: sheri valiacha njan achaney vilikyan parayam (ok will ask acha to call)
Valiachan: Sheri (ok)

He is Manuvaliachan and will always be

Ps. The 'is' will become 'was' only when the mind tells the heart to. Am not going to let that happen . Its the heart that rules..................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy-ness Ahead

The coming months are filled with work and pleasure trips. January first week - Will be in Delhi on a work assigment. Heard its pretty cold in Delhi. Any suggestins on how to combat the chill are welcomed from the experienced lot. January second week - This week will begin with Grandparents Day at Achu's school. Achu is singing a song :). Then comes the Mom's event which am looking forward to attend. And will see me doing a lot of shopping personally and with M's family for my BIL is getting married early February. I love shopping and this is going to be fun.Might be some inviting work if its not over when we are in Delhi. January third week - Beautification of our flat, Packing stuff, informing the school that Achu will not be coming for a week, Last minute stitching amidst Pongal celebrations which majorly includes watching TV January fourth week - Sending off MIL, FIL and BIL , getting tensed jus for the heck of it :b, Calling up all my friends and informing I w

The New Year

This is my first new year without my Acha. It doesn't feel very good. When you don't have that somebody who has been with you all your life It doesn't feel good at all I know I have to move ahead Try to get his dreams come true I know this year is going to be tuff but I count on a set of people who I know will be with me Above all Acha is still with me in a more powerful role With his principles embossed in my heart I move forward Cautiously but Courageously..... Ps.Thank God for all the support my mom and I are getting for the past weeks.....The support has given us strength we barely knew we had. 

By Hook or Crook

.....I NEED A COOK I am wondering how to get hold of a cook.... I tried getting one from an agency but they seem to be very expensive and the reviews seem to be bad I tried to get hold of somebody from the neighborhood. No Luck. I tried asking our driver to get hold of someone.He is still searching. What to do???????Let's see if I can get one by the end of this week. I have to. Ps. Dependence roots from the inability to perform or delegate. Ok Ok... or pure laziness. But this is different. Amma is the one who is doing all the cooking and she needs help.